Governance is the process by which any organisation or group organises in order to be able to make decisions. In schools, this includes the governing body, who are responsible for scrutiny of decisions made in school and for driving improvement, and the processes and policies which allows the school to work effectively and appropriately.
As a member school within a multi-academy trust, responsibility for the governance of Farnborough Spencer Academy ultimately derives to the Board of Trustees appointed to the Spencer Academies Trust. In common with all Spencer schools, Farnborough Spencer Academy has a Local Governing Body (LGB), which is technically defined as a committee of the Trust Board.
The powers defining the legal relationship between Farnborough Spencer Academy and The Spencer Academies Trust, together with the delegation of general powers within the trust, are set out in a document called the Scheme of Delegation.
Local Governing Body
The local governing body of Farnborough Spencer Academy consists of parents, staff and members of the local community who volunteer their time to support the running of the academy. They provide challenges to the Headteacher and senior staff and report to the Spencer Academies Trust Board of Directors. The current members are listed below and can be contacted by calling the academy or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Graeme Smith (Principal – Ex-officio)
- Mrs JoAnne Charlton (Chair of Governors)
- Mrs Emma Crane (Parent Governor)
- Ms Tammy Swift (Parent Governor)
- Mr Luke Parmenter (Governor)
- Ms Jelena Matic (Careers Governor)
- Mrs Nayna Govind (Co-opted Governor)
- Ms Sobia Bibi (Co-Opted Governor)
- Mr Keith Jamieson (Co-Opted Governor)
- Mr James Hastings (Staff Governor)